Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tiki Bass Boat

Got a call Friday to go out early Saturday on my buddies, new to him bass boat. Got up at 3:30am to drive back down to Tiki, only to find their launch ramp under construction. We went up the road a little to launch at Turner Resort. We were on the water by 6:30am. Our plan was to target Strippers and Black Bass. I would have liked to soak some cut bait off the bottom, but the new boat did not have an anchor. So we were confined to artificial lures, a definite disadvantage due to season, tide, weather, and location. After going around Mildred Island with only a Largemouth to show for it we went north to a 50ft hole to do some jigging.
Just as we are about to leave Kat gets a fish on, that shows us some great acrobatics. She gets it to the boat only to find we have no net, so I tell her to loosen the drag a hair but keep pressure on it, so I can grab it. A couple or runs later it was fish off. It was roughly a 26" Striper. Shortly after my buddy reels in a huge 10" Stripper. Then we went down to Whiskey Slough for some more Black Bass action. I missed two blow ups on top-water. Kat and our buddy brought in two each, including an under-size. At 3pm we decided to take off, get some pictures and pay for the launch. Going 50mph on the water is a nice relief from paddling at 4mph.

--Ryan

3 comments:

  1. I love that you can put me on fish! What would I do without you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably you would not be fishing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... well duh, but I'm not meaning in that context silly. What would I do if you had paddled off into the distance and I didn't follow.

    ReplyDelete