Saturday, September 10, 2011

HOW Kelsey Bass Ranch

Being a veteran helping with Heroes on the Water was extremely rewarding. My family has five kayaks we use for fishing, so we decided to loan them for this event. A few days before the event we gave them to other volunteers to take them down to Kelsey Bass Ranch. On Saturday we drove down to help get everything set up. The vets were supposed to be there at 9am but did not show until 11am. Being my first time at Kelsey I decided to go out and scout for some good fishing locations. Kat and my mom stayed on shore to help there while I took vets out to fish. We were getting hits drop-shotting but the wind and fast drift was hindering the hook set. So we did not land many. It was still a fun and rewarding time to help out other vets.

--Ryan

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe Natalie's HUGE bluegill!! That thing was massive compared to anything I had seen before.

    ReplyDelete